- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups unbleached flour plus 4 tablespoons
- ½ cup powdered sugar plus more for dusting
- 2 tsp lemon peel grated
- 2 lemons juiced
- 4 eggs room temperature, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9"X13" pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl cream butter, flour and powdered sugar. Pat firmly onto bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix lemon juice, grated lemon peel, eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour and baking powder.
- Smooth over crust and bake an additional 20-25 minutes till set and just beginning to brown.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!