- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk (or fresh milk +1 tbsp vinegar)
- 1 ¾ cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and light. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Stir in buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add in batches to wet ingredients. Blend in oats, then add remaining ingredients.
- Drop from heaping tablespoon two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (use parchment paper if desired).
- Bake for 8 minutes or until just golden.
Layer cookies into a container with a tight fitting lid, layering wax paper or parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!