- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage casings removed
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian Herbs
- ½ cup green pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ketchup divided
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash tabasco
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp molasses or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9"x13" baking pan for each loaf with cooking spray or oil.
- In a small skillet over med-high heat add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and cook the onions and green pepper until soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the burger with Italian sausage, add oats, eggs, garlic powder, salt, Italian herbs, ½ cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco.
- Add the cooled onions and green pepper. With your hands mix thoroughly. Place meat mixture in the center of the prepared pan and form into a loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then combine remaining ketchup, yellow mustard and molasses (or honey) and spread over the meatloaf. Return the meatloaf to the oven for another 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle reads 160° F.
Important; when increasing this recipe be sure to make multiple loafs of the same size, and use additional pans. Do not make one big one as this will affect cooking time.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!