Strawberry Short Cake
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg room temperature, beaten
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare an 8" baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- In another combine egg and milk. Add to flour mixture quickly and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pat cake mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until light brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn onto rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 8 servings and top with berries and whipped cream just before serving.
- Wash, stim and slice strawberries. Add sugar and allow berries to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Mash lightly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!