Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups unbleached flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl whisk together dry ingredients, then combine with butter mixture a little at a time.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, press flat with fork in an x pattern.
- Working in batches, bake on an ungreased cookie sheet two inches apart. Use parchment paper if desired, for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on pan for two minutes, then on a wire rack until fully cool. Store in container with tight fitting lid.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!