Mixed Greens with French Vinaigrette
- 4 large hearts of romaine lettuce washed anddried.
- 4 cup Mesclun salad mix, prewashed
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 cup red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup English cucumber sliced thin
- ¼ cup shallots Peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt more to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the dressing by adding shallots, vinegar, honey, salt, black pepper and olive oil to a glass jar with tight fitting lid and shake vigorously. Store in fridge until needed. Remove from fridge 10-15 minutes before using. Shake well and drain off shallots.
- In a large salad bowl tear romaine lettuce into bite size pieces. Add the Mesclun mix, pepper, onion, and cucumber. Toss gently.
- Lightly add dressing as needed, toss gently and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!