- 4 lb russet potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Put the potatoes in a large pot, add 2 tablespoons salt and enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan just to warm.
- Mash the potatoes, add the milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives if using.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!