Green Beans with Bacon
- 3 Lbs fresh green beans trimmed
- Kosher salt
- ½ lb bacon chopped into 1-1nch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ lemon juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the trimmed green beans to a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook until the beans turn bright green and are crisp tender. About 5 minutes.
- Prepare a large bowl with ice water. Drain the beans, then shock them in the cold water to stop the cooking. Drain the beans again and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Add onion and saute' until soft and fully cooked, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes (if using) and saute' for about 30 seconds more, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add green beans to the pan and cook until heated through about 10 minutes. Add the bacon and lemon juice. Toss with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!