Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 large fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ lb bacon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Using food grade rubber gloves, slice jalapenos lengthwise, leaving stem on. Clean out seeds and pulp. Set aside.
- In a skillet, or the oven, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel until cool. Chop or crumble into bits.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese and grated cheddar cheese. Add bacon bits and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Fill the jalapenos with equal amounts of the cheese mixture. About a heaping tablespoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers are soft and the cheese is starting to brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
For grill or campfire, par-boil the prepared pepper halves before stuffing.Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the jalapenos to the boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes until color changes slightly. Drain and add to a bath of ice cold water until cool. Drain on paper towel and pat dry.Fill with cheese mixture and heat over medium-high grill or campfire fire over coals until cheese is warm and melted and the peppers have nice grill marks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!