Mixed Greens with Walnuts-Blue Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 large hearts of romaine lettuce washed and dried
- 1 cup Mesclun salad mix, prewashed
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 cup red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup walnut pieces toasted in dry cast iron skillet
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbled
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper until salt dissolves. While whisking constantly add the oil by a thin stream until fully incorporated. Or put all ingredients into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- In a large salad bowl tear romaine lettuce into bite size pieces. Add the Mesclun Mix, bell pepper, onion, and toss. Add a small amount of dressing and toss gently. Add the toasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve immediately with additional dressing on the side.
Dressing may be made and refrigerated for up to a week ahead. Take dressing from fridge 15 minutes before using.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!