Pico de Gallo:
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves leaves roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb Mexican-style chorizo casings removed
- ½ cup green pepper diced
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 16 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 cup Cheddar finely shredded
- 8 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- For the Pico de Gallo, combine tomatoes, jalapeno, onions, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the burritos, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up, until it is slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate and using a slotted spoon.
- To the skillet add onions and green pepper and cook stirring frequently until soften. Add hash browns, stirring occasionally. Use more oil if necessary until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp. About 8-10 minutes. Return Chorizo to skillet and toss to combine with hash browns.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a few dashes of hot sauce. Pour eggs over mixture in skillet and cook, stirring off the bottom until the eggs are fluffy and just set. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a dry skillet, warm tortillas one at a time
- Build the burrito by layering the avocado, egg mixture and a tablespoon of Pico de Gallo and a sprinkle of cheese on the warmed tortilla.
- Fold the two side of the tortilla toward the middle over the mixture and roll up tightly. Serve immediately or wrap each burrito in a small piece of aluminum foil and place in a warm oven until needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!