Basic Baked Potato
- 8 Russet potatoes of similar size
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash potatoes with cold water. Dry and pierce the skin a few times with a fork.
- Wrap each potato with aluminum foil (double wrap for campfire or grill).
- Place the potatoes directly on rack in the middle of oven.
- Bake for 60-90 depending on size. Potatoes should test soft in the middle.
- Serve hot with butter, sour cream or other favorite condiments.
If using a grill or campfire, place potatoes at the back of the grill, or in the coals at the edge of the campfire and turn often.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!